Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I think I need to join a guild

Class last night was very interesting. I asked my questions but ended up feeling more cautious than ever! I think I'm just going to keep knitting and attempt to do it all on my own. I'm just going to finish out the class to be able to ask questions that I think will help me finish.

Class was pleasant, other than my inability to just spit out that I didn't want to do any extra cutting, just the cutting specified in the pattern. I also failed to express that I wanted to do the cutting and sewing myself so that I could learn to do it properly. I just feel like a little alien being when I tell them things because I'm guessing everyone feels really comfortable just doing things this way.

While moving the stitches to mark the center of my garment, I dropped a stitch. Of course it was a stitch within a cable. I was planning to rip back to the dropped stitch but my instructor, kind soul that she is, fixed it right up for me. She pulled out some books for me to see that had beautiful patterns and we talked about some of the different possibilities for socks and hats.

One of the other students gave me GREAT compliments on my progress so far. They are all impressed about how quickly my sweater is going and said my stitches look really even. I will really miss being with other knitters when this class is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home