Monday, May 17, 2004

Instant Gratification

I am yearning for Instant Gratification of the Knitting kind. Because of this, I'm debating about starting a small project that can be finished quickly.

I think I'm going to do one of the hats or booties from Knitting for Babies by Melanie Falick. I've been wanting to make both for a while.

I've been talking to a wonderful knitter named Thuy (pronounced Twee)who has adapted the hat pattern a little. I think I'm going to try her way of doing it. You can find Thuy here: http://thuy.spookybot.com/knitting
She's a great lady with a wonderful sense of humor. "Met" her through KR. Started visiting her blog. Found we like some of the same things. Now I look forward to reading her blog and talking to her when I can. Check out her blog. It's pretty cool. She's got lots of pictures, knitting and non-knitting!

Speaking of Thuy, I've been having a great time chatting with her. We've been talking about knitting, blogging, and life in general. We're thinking about doing the a Knit-Along for EZ's Pi Shawl, which is found in the Knitter's Almanac. Of course, I need to finish either the afghan/blanket or the sweater for my class before I start such a large project...plus I have no idea how I would really get this started.

On the knitting front, I've only gotten a little knitting done today. I'm going to try to scan the sweater in the scanner, (insert embarrassed smiley face here,)until I can figure out this digital camera I have.

Hopefully, there will be pictures posted before the week ends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home