Thursday, May 20, 2004

New Knitter's Mag

I ordered a subscription to Knitter's Magazine. My first issue, Summer 2004, arrived yesterday. I was too sick to look at it but thought it would be cool to be able to savor the anticipation of reading it today.

I'm loving the Lily of the Valley Shawl on page 36. This is a 'Must-Do.'

Peach Plaits, on page 70, appeals to me, but not for summer.

Call me crazy, but it seems like the sweater on page 72, Crosswalk, is more of a bathing suit cover up. It barely covers anything, actually. I'd have to wear something under it and that defeats the whole purpose of a summer sweater! Might be a good one for the fall if you've got a good shell to wear under it, or if you're the brazen type.

For some reason, I'm drawn to the blanket/afghan on page 90, called Drunken Squares. It just looks warm and homey. I'd change the colors, though. It would probably be a good blanket for a family room/play room. Scanning through the pattern instructions, I notice it involves a little crocheting. I need to look-up "chain stitch embroidery" to see what that is. The only thing that concerns me with this type of project is uniformity of square size. Although my stitches are pretty consistent, I'm not sure if they are consistent enough for this type of project yet. Guess that's where blocking comes in.

You can even nominate someone for Knitter of the Year. Have someone in mind?

This is not my favorite issue of Knitter's but I'm not sorry I subscribed.

Must acquire yarn for Lily of the Valley Shawl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home