Wednesday, May 19, 2004

The Panic has Subsided

I am no longer in a panic about my sweater. I did a little research and found that Wendy, over at Wendy Knits, has a lot of experience cutting and doing steeks. She also had an interesting button that read, "Stop being Stupid" which made me think that maybe, just maybe, I was in a panic for no good reason. Maybe cutting is really not such a bad thing.

In my class, the word steeks has never been used. Very little terminology of any kind is actually exchanged. I think the class is just a little too informal for me. I hate to say that because I really like the instructor. She's kind, patient, pleasant, and knows so much. Maybe I just attempted this class too soon.

Anyway, I'm going to read through the entire pattern again. I'm going to write out my questions and see if I can get them answered. I only have four classes left. I really wanted to be able to finish or come close to finishing this project by the time the class ended and I still have to do the colourwork pattern and the sleeves, which also have a colourwork pattern.

I made quite a bit of progress last night and I'm almost at the point of which I start the colourwork pattern on the body of the sweater. I'm a little nervous about it but I think I'm just going to dive in and try it! I'll just teach myself, since the next class isn't for a few days and I need to keep moving.

Although I'm no longer in a panic, I'm still slightly nervous.

Since I mentioned Wendy earlier, I'd just like to say that she has knit some tremendous projects. Her site is quite inspiring.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found that it's best not really to think about what you're going to do...just do it! You never know how hard something will be to knit until you try.

It usually ends up being much easier than you would have thought!

Natalie (http://knitting.xaviermusketeer.com)

May 21, 2004 at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home