Sunday, May 16, 2004

What I'm knitting

Currently on the needles, I have two projects. One is an eyelet edge afghan from the Knitting for Babies book. I am, however, making a larger blanket. The second project is a sweater by Sandnes that I'm making for my son.

I've got shawl and sock fever, so I really want to start both. I am also desperate to have at least one project finished. I need some instant gratification, so I'm probably going to go ahead and start a hat. I need some small projects to do in between these large ones.

I'm a lover of Rowan and Jaeger patterns and yarns. I'm also a Debbie Bliss fan. What I've read of EZ, Elizabeth Zimmerman, I like, but I have not read enough just yet to really call myself a fan.

I'll try to post pictures of both projects soon, as soon as I figure this whole blog/html thing out.

I remeasured a square I made for a healthful throw for Georgia at KR and it's too big. I have to knit that again. HOWEVER, I got so many compliments on the one that I've made that I'm not going to frog it. I can't decide what to do with it yet but I refuse to get rid of it.

I plan to make a few things from various Rowan books. I was hoping to join the Audrey Knit-along but I'm not sure I'm up to the task just yet. (More on my Rowan fever later)

I'm making pretty good progress on my sweater. My son gets really excited about it and has been "trying it on" since I first started it. I can't wait until it's done. It's being knit in a Norwegian yarn, the name of which I will post later. It's a mercerized cotton as he cannot wear wool.

The pattern is laden with cables but I'm having fun with it. He loves it, just because it's green.

Enough talking for tonight. Gotta get back to knitting that sweater so I can continue to progress and so that I'm ready to ask more questions at my class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home