Sunday, June 06, 2004

Back, back, WAY BACK

Ah, finding an error, having to go back to correct it, pulling the stitches apart, this is how my knitting day began. Not exactly a dreamy start.

Here's a closer look at my homey and slightly homely blanket.


It pained me less than I thought it would to pull out the rows. Maybe I'm too stressed about other things to let this stress me.

I still have visions of binding off this blanket, tossing it in the washing machine, then happily presenting it to the owner, my son before the week ends.

Several projects are calling to me, asking me to make them. The office where I work is cold, no matter what the season, so the shawls are calling me. Quite a few ladies I know are pregnant or just had babies, so booties and hats are calling to me. I'm immensely curious about socks, so they beckon to me with the thrill of unlocking a mystery. Which call do I answer first? Therein lies pleasure and conflict.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Is that the garter stitch diagonal blanket? Don't you just hate it when you have to rip out? I just had to pull out about 13 inches of a shawl I am working on. It is in black and I did not pick up on the error for quite awhile. Nice blog!

Maureen

June 6, 2004 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Hi, Maureen!

Yes, this is the diagonal garter stitch blanket. Dropping stitches (yarn overs) has been a pain but otherwise I've enjoyed the blanket.

Sorry about the 13 rows on your shawl. I know that had to be tough. At least you know it will turn out the way that you want it! If you've got pictures, let me know. I'd love to see them!

Thanks for posting!
--Kimberly

June 6, 2004 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home