Friday, June 11, 2004

Mission Falls 1824 Cotton

I started knitting my hat. I'm knitting it in a larger needle than called for in the pattern to make it a larger hat. I decided to use Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, as we're a family with very sensitive skin. Mission Falls had a very white yarn that I thought was pretty, so that's what I'm using. I had the yarn for about 3 months. When I purchased it originally, I figured I'd try a hat and baby booties with it.

When I played with the Mission Falls before, I don't remember it being so HARD. OH MY GOODNESS! I finally got used to how hard it was, then found a knot. I had also forgotten that it's only 84 yards in a skein, so it's looking like I'm going to have to use an additional skein to finish the hat.

I'm honestly not sure I'll use Mission Falls again. I must have been confusing it with Calmer or All Seasons Cotton.

I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way about Mission Falls.
Next time I knit with it, if there is a next time, I think I'm going to have to use Inox rather than the bamboo needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home