Thursday, June 03, 2004

Still ill

Not much new on the knitting front. I've been feeling awful in general, so activities of any kind have been slow.

I've sent my new square off for Georgia's Healthful Throw and I'm hoping it has been received. I made it completely in the double seed stitch without adding any other stitches to it. It was pretty and wonderfully soft...but I failed to scan it or take a picture of it.

I knit for a few minutes during my lunch break today. I was too busy to take a full lunch, so I didn't get much knitting done. Hoping to knit a few rows of either the blanket or the sweater tonight.

At class, one of the other participants said that she is planning to have a knitting night at her house once our classes end. Part of me wants to go but the other part is hesitant because I don't plan to take the next session of this class. I'm pretty sure most of the others are planning to repeat it and it could prove to be a sticky situation to explain that I'm not.

I'm still considering the idea of starting a knitting group/guild. I'm thinking about calling Barnes and Noble and asking what it would require to use a little of their space to have meetings once or twice a month. I know some B&N stores are more than happy to have such gatherings but that others are not as eager. Books-A-Million or a local library will be my alternate options.

I need to find out if there are any buying requirements, if they reserve a space, and what the general rules would be. I also need to find a way to attract other knitters. Not sure about posting signs.

There's also a guild that is about a 40 minute ride for me to attend meetings. That's probably the closest one that meets in the evenings. I just have to make the drive there, then to have to drive back again. Investing four hours (with the commute,) on a workday, when I have to get up early the next day, with a young child who needs my attention, just isn't as appealing as a 15 minute drive to a book store.

If only my head didn't ache I could think more clearly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home