Friday, June 18, 2004

Through the pain

I'm in an incredible amount of pain right now. I tried reading the Magic Loop book last night but only read to the end of page 4. Page 1 is the table of contents. I intended to read more but the pain took over my body and I had to lie flat and still, face down.

Because it's important to me to document some sort of progress, I managed to take a few pictures of the sweater this morning.

**Please note that the pictures show a horrid variance in color. I imagine it's due to lighting, positioning of the camera, and the fact that the digital camera is an older model. The middle picture is the truest in color.

Full shot of the sweater


Closer shot of cabling


Close-up of beginning color pattern


While I'm pleased with the product, I must say that Fair Isle is a task I perform at considerably slow pace. I'm going to have to read a little more about different techniques and practice. There's got to be a better way than the way I'm doing it.

Each stitch, however, does bring me a little closer to being finished, and hopefully closer to discovering "the better way."

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Kim,

Your sweater really looks nice. Dont' give up on Fair Isle. I could only work on it when I was "settled" and could spend a good hour not getting up or being interupted.

Linda

June 18, 2004 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Linda!
I'm hoping that as I knit this sweater I'll get more comfortable with Fair Isle. I'm knitting it with floats, rather than stranding/woven. I can only knit Continental style but I can't seem to figure out how to hold two yarns in one had without tangling them.
Thanks so much for the encouragement!

June 18, 2004 at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home