Saturday, July 31, 2004

Can't I just go back to bed?

My son was not feeling well last night. He kept waking up during the night and of course he always wanted me and not his father. He finally got settled in and slept between the two of us, managing to kick me, slap me, and elbow me through the night.

I woke up in pain, irritable, and extremely fatigued.

I'm going to try to work on the square for Henry today. We're going to an informal Wedding Reception later, so I'm hoping knitting will be acceptable behavior. My hubby introduced the lucky couple. They are basically having a large gathering/cook-out, celebrating the recent nuptials. Seeing as it's quite informal, I'm thinking knitting should not be a problem.

I may pull out the Fair Isle Sweater later to frog the last row and then re-knit it. Depending on the progress I make with the square, I'm going to try to also concentrate on my rug. I also need to choose a yarn and buttons for my Baby Einstein, so I need to break out the pattern. The Knit-Along starts tomorrow so I've got to pick up the pace.

Wish me luck...and energy...and a positive attitude...

What does one wear to an informal reception/cook-out/barbecue?


2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Hope you are feeling better and have fun at the barbQ. Boy...you sound like you have a ton of projects lined up. There is no way I could do that. I get overwhelmed with more than two projects. One of 2nd projects is always socks.

August 1, 2004 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Maureen.

The barbecue was nice. We arrived a little late but there were quite a few who arrived after us.

As for the projects I have going at once, I say now it's about 3 at a time. I still haven't tried dpn's but I'm planning to tackle them soon. Once I'm comfortable with dpn's, I plan to always have a pair of socks going.

August 1, 2004 at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home