Monday, July 12, 2004

Henry's Square

I've started Henry's square. I had a tough time finding a yarn I was willing to use in an appropriate color. Finally, I decided I would try Jaeger Aqua, and if I liked it, I would use it for Henry's afghan.

Here's a picture of the skein.

It is navy, which is the contrasting color that was requested. I could not find a green that I thought was masculine in a yarn that was not acrylic and I love navy blue.

I'm hoping to finish in the next few days so I can mail it but I have found an error. I debating on ripping back but it's a patterned stitch and I'm afraid if I start ripping I have to rip to the very beginning. That wouldn't be so bad except I've already ripped it 3 times.


Since the digital camera is acting up, here's the square from the scanner.


Meanwhile, I've tried to make a button in PSP for the Knit Out. Looks like I still need to practice but I didn't do too badly.

Unless my health prevents it, I AM GOING!

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

That looks like a lovely color for the square. What is the pattern you are using. On my computer it is difficult to see the stitches. I might ask for your help...if you don't mind. I can't seem to make a list of sites that I like on my blog. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I want to list a few like KR and some others. Also I am trying to figure out how to put peoples buttons on there. Let me know if you don't mind helping. Happy knitting!

July 12, 2004 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Hi, Maureen.

I'm still new to all of this but I'll be happy to help you any way I can.

The funny thing about the picture of the square is I can see the pattern at home but when I pull it up at work, I can't see it.

I'll try to lighten it a little and see if it helps at all.

Do you need buttons made or just posted to your site?

Let me know!

July 13, 2004 at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home