Monday, July 05, 2004

I'm back!

This is probably the LONGEST I've ever gone without posting. Life has been kind of hectic, so I haven't had the time to really sit and type things in a coherent fashion.

I've knit one bootie from the Easy Baby Booties pattern from Knitting for Baby. I have not yet seamed it. This will allow me to the second bootie to the first. I was distracted quite a bit while knitting the first one, so I may have altered the pattern unintentionally. I need to make sure they are the same. Then I'll seam them. I'll post a picture of the first bootie this evening.

Eventually, I will seam up the hat from the same book. I'm getting the feeling I'm not going to be pleased with the hat, just with the nature of seaming a straight edge to an angled edge, so it may end up in the frog pond.

I've joined a rug knit-along. It can be found HERE. I think I'm going to knit a rug for the bathroom or the kitchen. This will be something small but a little different than doing a wearable item.

I watched the new show, Knitty Gritty. I enjoyed it. The first episode was like an introduction to knitting. They showed different yarns, needles, notions, gauge, casting-on, and the knit stitch. They even showed spinning, which is something that never interested me before but had me considering the possibilities. Looks like each show will show a different technique and will get more advanced with each episode. I'm already hooked.

On another note, I'm trying to decide what to do with some yarn I have. I purchased it before I really knew what I was doing, not that I'm really aware now. In any case, I bought five skeins/balls each of these two yarns.

I have no idea what I'm going to make with them. I'll probably try to get a little more of the Cotton Silk Aran to make a baby sweater out of it. Both yarns are now discontinued so there is probably not a lot available. Maybe there's enough of the other to make a small shawl/stole.

I'm hoping beyond expression to be able to go to the Knit-Out and Crochet Too in DC. I'm just going to plan to go and tell myself that I will be there. I'm hoping maybe a few other knitters in the area will go, so I'll probably check with the LYS. If someone else from my general area is going I'll feel a lot better about taking the trip. I'll be starting my phone calls for candidates by Thursday.

I enjoyed a little family knitting yesterday. I took my booties with me to my MIL's house to work on them while the kids played. My SIL decided to try knitting again so we cast-on, knit and purled together, did a few yarn-overs and a little binding-off. She found a cool way to bind-off that seemed quicker that I may have to try.

I'm sure there's more but I fear this entry is getting a tad long. I will, however, post pictures of the booties this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home