Saturday, July 10, 2004

Knit-Out & Crochet Too Event, DC

If health permits, I'm going to the Knit-Out in DC. The event is being held on September 19 from 12:00 noon to 5:00. I'm excited about it.

If you think you might want to attend here are a couple of links for you.
http://www.knit-out.org/
http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/knitoutbrochure.html

Information I've read so far indicates a fashion show and local yarns shops showing their newest yarns. There are areas to learn to knit and crochet, help with problems with a project, as well as areas for making items for charity.

No selling of any knitting crochet items will take place due to Park Service Regulations. You can still meet other knitters and crocheters and see and touch yarns you can buy if you visit a store or store website.

I'm thrilled about meeting other knitters and crocheters. Hoping to meet a few other bloggers too.

There's also an event in NY in October and I think there is supposed to be one some time this year in Los Angeles.

As long as health permits, I'm going. I'll be taking lots of pictures and donating some squares for charity.

I believe I read somewhere that they still need people to teach crocheting and knitting. I'm not good enough at either to volunteer for that just yet but maybe I will be by next year!

This should be so much fun! I can't wait!

In other knitting news, I finished my second bootie and I picked up a skein of yarn for Henry's Healthful Throw. I'm hoping my hands will allow me to make the square and send it off this week. I've got two doctor's appointments this week, so hopefully I can at least knit a little in the waiting rooms, if the pain isn't too bad.

I requested permission from Jolene to post her picture from Georgia's Healthful Throw, and here it is.

The amazing ladies in the photo are Jolene and Pam, who actually joined all the squares and sent the completed throw off to Georgia.
It is an unbelievable feeling to be a part of a gift of caring.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope I can make it to the knit-out too!

July 11, 2004 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

This sounds like a fun event. I wish I lived closer.... I participated in 2 healthful throws. You are right, it was a nice feeling to be part of something special. I love your booties, they came out very nice.

July 11, 2004 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Maureen I wish you could make it too! It would be great to meet you.
I'll post some pictures from the event.

July 12, 2004 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home