Thursday, July 22, 2004

Now that's just ugly

Have you ever seen anything that is so ugly that it is cute?
Well, that's not the case with the seam on my hat.  It's just plain ugly.  Now I know why I haven't seamed the other items.  I was afraid of just how ghastly they might look.

Well, I took the seam out half-way, then redid it.  It looked better but it was still not up to par.  I'll be ripping the seam out until I get it the way I want it or until the yarn wears out. 

It's a cute hat, other than the seam.  I'd post a picture but the batteries in the digital camera are dead.  The picture, of course, will not include the hideous seam.

Maybe I'll practice seaming little squares.

I now truly understand the virtues of knitting in the round and the appeal of seamless patterns.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim! First, love the square! Thanks so much for doing it. As for Sonata, I think it is a marvelous cotton. I do love Takhi Cotton Classic, but this Sonata is cheaper and appears just as good quality. I'll know more when I start washing the poncho. I think I got the yarn for this poncho for under $20. I'm very into taking my chances on Elann these days, because the projects come in so cheap!

I so hear you on the seams. I don't think I ever learned to do them properly. I love knitting in the round.

Patti a la Red Velvet Cake...

July 23, 2004 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Don't get too frustrated with your seaming. You will come upon a seam that works for you. What are you using for your Rug along pattern? I might want to do one of these in the future.

July 23, 2004 at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home