Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Of all the things I've lost...

I did in fact start the DB baby hat on Sunday.  I didn't do much knitting but I did cast on and knit about three rows.

Monday, I went in to work late.  I had a horrible time getting up.  The fatigue and pain were really bad.  I dropped my son off to play again with M.  Later, I watched the two of them play and argue, depending upon the given task, and worked a little more on the hat.

Tuesday was a repeat of Monday, only I didn't get to knit because I accidentally left one of the needles at home.  Instead, I flipped through a knitting magazine making mental notes, and a few written notes, about things I'd like to make.

When I got home, I knit a few more rows of the hat.  Please excuse the darkness of the picture.  Some day I'll get a new digital camera.



I have also misplaced Henry's square.  I knit it, washed it, and laid it flat to dry.  I wanted to mail it the next morning but it hadn't dried yet.  I threw it into the dryer with a dryer sheet to expedite the drying process.  Thankfully, it didnt' shrink very much.  HOWEVER, as I was trying to fit it into the proper sized envelope or box, I notices something that looked like lint on the square.  Turns out, the dryer sheet left some of it's "stuff" on the square!  Now the square has to be rewashed and I'm aggravated, disappointed, and frustrated with the irony of it all.

So....I put the square into a bag so I could take it home and rewash it.  Unfortunately, it's not in the bag that I thought so I have to remember where I REALLY put it.

Here are 2 pictures of the square without the ends woven.  Hopefully I'll be finding it soon because I wanted to get it out right away, and now I feel like it's already late.





I will be knitting another square but I really want to send two. 

I'll be hunting for this square tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

The square is very nice. Do you know if she still needs more squares? I could not come across the post on KR. Hope you are feeling better.

July 21, 2004 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Maureen, I think she would love to have more squares. They are requesting 8x8 inch squares. He likes green and they are using navy as a contrasting color.

July 22, 2004 at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home