Friday, July 23, 2004

Rug Update 7/23


I frogged the rug and started over.  Knitting with two strands of yarn is not exactly my cup of tea.  I don't think I'll be doing it again any time soon.  It creates a bigger chance for making errors, uneven stitches, and dropping partial stitches.  Even if a pattern calls for using more than one strand of yarn, I think I'll just find a single yarn strand that will match gauge.

So far, I've just gotten the first few rows done, which is pretty much just seed stitch.

I have a very busy day ahead of me tomorrow, so I'm not sure I'll get much done.  I'll try to post a picture of the first few rows tomorrow morning.

I may try to pop in the Crochet Made Easy CD at some point this weekend to brush-up on my skills.  Maybe I'll even pop in the Knitting Made Easy CD just to see if they have any of the seaming techniques demonstrated. 

Gotta rest up for Saturday's events.  Hope I can make it through them all without too much pain or becoming completely exhausted.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi , thanks for leaving your commnets and kind words on http://blackpurls.typepad.com... good luck on your rug ....i don't like knitting with 2 strands either .. be patient ........good luck....

July 24, 2004 at 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimberly,
There's a pretty good seaming tutorial in the spring knitty found here: http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/mattress.html.
I hope this helps.
Rest up as much as possible, and try to take it one day at a time. Good luck today.
-Christina

July 24, 2004 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Christina. I think I've read that tutorial but I'm going to print it out and read thru it again. I think I'm just a visual learner and unless I see things done, it can take me a little longer to get them right.

Thanks for stopping by, Nasheikah. You're blog has a nice lay-out. Thanks, too, for leaving a comment.

July 26, 2004 at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home