Sunday, July 25, 2004

Rug Update 7/25



I've made a little more progress on the rug.  I hope you can see the pattern, as the picture is a little dark. 



The picture is actually a portion of the rug, about 2/3 of the width.  You can actually see the bottom of the little heart forming...Can't you?  Of course you can.  (Just nod and smile.)

Working on this is project has been tough but rewarding.  The two balls of yarn seem to want to twist, so I'm wondering if I do some type of twist when I'm knitting or purling. 

In any event, I'm pleased so far.

Hoping to continue knitting this during the week.  I'll probably take a different project to my doctor's appointment on Wednesday.  I need something that won't really require as much attention as the little heart pattern is requiring of me.  Something about the little chart just bugs me.  That's not a complaint.  I think it's just a lack of chart experience.

Somehow, even though knitting with the two strands is tough for me, and the chart is making me count AND remember whether I"m on the WS or RS, I'm still getting a kick out of knitting this little rug.

Many thanks to Natalie who started the whole Rug-Along.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Very pretty Kim...I think I am going to try to work that heart graph into a square for Henry. I can't wait to see as you progrees with this rug.

July 26, 2004 at 7:24 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Hi, Maureen. I was thinking about doing the same thing. I'm really liking the way the heart is coming out. I may end up with a few items with this heart on them.

July 26, 2004 at 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, your rug is lookin' good. your heart is forming perfectly. very cute.

froggy

July 26, 2004 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home