Thursday, July 29, 2004

Some Knitting--A little non-knitting related

I went to my appointment yesterday.  I get the results of my biopsy next week.
It's one of those hurry-up-and-wait situations.  It's frustrating but what can you do?

I knit a couple more rows on my rug.  All I've felt like doing is sleeping, though.  I stayed home from work today but instead of really being able to rest, I let my son stay home with me.  As much as I wanted and needed rest, I still just wanted him near me.

As a birthday present to myself, I'm joining the Klaralund-Along.  I fell in love with Klaralund after seeing it on Wendy's blog.  Then saw it again on Froggy's blog.  I told myself, after seeing it twice in such a short time, that this was a definite sign that I needed to knit it.  Now they are co-hosting a knit-along that starts in September.  I ought to be able to make a decent seam by then.

I didn't take my knitting with me into the doctor's office.  Since I was going to be sedated, I didn't want to risk misplacing anything.  I missed having it as I sat in the waiting room.  Instead, I read a little magazine/newspaper that had ads and events for all sorts of fabric and knitting shops throughout the state of Virginia.  It made me just want to jump into the car, throw caution to the wind, and drive to all the yarn shops I could find.

Common sense took over.  So then I flipped through my Lifetime magazine.   They had some makeovers featured and the people seemed to look better to me  (or just as good) in the Before pictures.  You really have to be careful who you let give you a makeover. 

So now I'm jsut trying get back to normal, everyday living.  Wish I had the energy.

2 Comments:

Blogger caramelknits said...

Your rug is looking great!

Sending good thoughts your way and prayers that your biopsy turns up nothing serious. I had one a couple of years ago and it turned up nothing. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

July 30, 2004 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Melissa!
I'm hoping everything comes back okay. Thanks for the encouragement!

August 1, 2004 at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home