Sunday, August 08, 2004

Back to knitting

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I did not finish my squares in time to mail them on Tuesday. They will go out in the mail on Monday by two-day mail to Patti. Hopefully, she'll get them pretty quickly.

Both squares are in blue. One square is a simple seed stitch, which I think of as seeds of love, the other is a patterned stitch which you can see below.


In rug news, I'm past the 50% mark. I'm considering my options as to where to place this piece. I'm still having mixed feelings about people stepping all over it. Maybe if I had used a rougher yarn I wouldn't care as much.

Here's the latest progress shot.


I have not yet started the seaming on my otherwise finished garments but I will probably do just that either later tonight or tomorrow while sitting in the waiting room of the doctor's office.

I'm toying with the idea of swatching for Elderflower but wondering if I should wait just a little longer. I've got Klaralund coming up really soon and the Fair Isle sweater still wating in the wings, not to mention the burning desire to teach myself to use double points. Therefore, I'm wondering if I should just wait until the rug is done.

I did manage to pick up DB's The Baby Knits Book from the library. There are more patterns than picutred at the link (The Knitting Garden.) As a matter of fact, the patterns I like the most are not pictured. Knitting baby items is one of the main things that drew me to knitting, so I'm looking forward to perusing the pages. Since I'm not employed right now, I didn't think it would be a good idea to buy the book. Of course, my son is no longer a baby, so knitting these things is surely for gifts, charity, decoration, learning, pure pleasure, or a mixture of the aformentioned.

As much as I want to knit a shawl, I have no shawl yarn and sadly this is not the time for me to buy it. Of course now my LYS has plenty in stock.

I do have enough patterns and yarn to keep me busy for a while. It's just that I hear those other projects calling me.

I can still dream of yarn and knit vicariously through others...

1 Comments:

Blogger caramelknits said...

Amen to the projects' siren songs! I know exactly what you mean.

Doesn't sound like the park treated your pain too badly, did it? Just wondering how you're feeling.

Did my list of 100 things help you with the button? Can't wait to see it!

August 8, 2004 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home