Friday, August 20, 2004

Can't decide what to say

I've written three posts so far and deleted them. I'm not sure why I can't stay focused or why I'm displeased with earlier attempts for today's post.

In any case, I feel the need to say something. I haven't been able to actually do any knitting so it would be cool to at least talk about it a little. I didn't knit anything yesterday. I thought about knitting constantly. It was a stressful day and I really thought it would be a nice escape.

Now, here I am, wanting to knit, but not really feeling like I have the time. Also, my mind is reeling, so I'm afraid if I knit I'm going to have to go back and redo it because I'll make silly mistakes.

Maybe part of me is unsettled at the thought of my son starting pre-school. I was painfully shy as a child and all those feelings came rushing back when we visited the school. I have no idea how I made it through pre-school. Fortunately, that time in my life is a blur.

Maybe I just need a nap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

I was painfully shy too (no one believes it now, but if someone said "Hi, how are you?" I physically could not answer them, I was just frozen in fear.) I went through many drama classes and things like that, and though I'm still generally uncomfortable meeting new people, I am able to "act" as though I was happy to do so. It was really invaluable social training. Your guy's probably too young still, but if he has problems, it might be something to consider.

Hang in there. He'll be fine...

August 23, 2004 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Amie.
I did the drama stuff too. I was in school plays and all that, even when I was really small.
I'm hoping my son will want to participate in drama too. He's really a little drama king so he's a natural for it.
Thanks for the suggestion.

August 24, 2004 at 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home