Sunday, August 01, 2004

Einstein Knit-Along Begins Today

As I've mentioned before, I joined the Einstein Knit-Along. I was planning to make the baby Einstein but my baby really isn't a baby any more. I must have gotten the specs for the child's coat and the Baby Albert mixed and mangled because I thought the Baby Albert went to a higher size.

This changes things in a big way. It changes things in a way for which I am not prepared.

So now I really must decide what to do. Either I make the coat in the child's size in a no-frills yarn or I postpone my casting-on until I can acquire a little more of a yarn I have in my stash to have a sufficient amount to make the Not-So-Warm Coat.

Also, after about getting half-way through Henry's second square, I have discovered there is not enough yarn left to finish it. I don't believe in Murphy's Law but somethiing is really wreaking havoc with me. I actually stood looking at the yarn in the LYS but then someone started talking to me.

I'm going to still try to find something else today so I can make a second square and have it sent out by my deadline.

As for my blog, I've made new backgrounds and I'm debating about fonts and template changes. Hopefully I'll get it looking more like "me" before next Sunday. That gives me a week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Kim,

I'd wait to make the jacket you want to make...if that makes sense! LOL

It's the worst when you run out of yarn for a project.

Hope you've been feeling better.

August 1, 2004 at 11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, thanks SO MUCH for your continued support of Henry's Blanket. I'm sure your next square will be wonderful and I appreciate the referrals I've gotten from you "talking it up" at Kimberly's Korner!

Patti

August 2, 2004 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Michelle, I've decided to postpone the Einstein for a while. Life has been crazy so I need to wait before adding such a large project into my WIP's. You were so right about waiting.

Patti, I'm glad you're getting more squares. I don't know if I helped with that but I'm thrilled to be a part of it. THANKS!

August 4, 2004 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home