Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Finishing Fever...again

I sat knitting in bed, waiting for the pain medication to kick in. It still hasn't taken away the pain.

I managed to knit a few rows so I am officially finished more than 40% of the rug, almost 50%. For some reason, now I really want to finish it. I've got Finishing Fever again. I can't believe it. Maybe it's a cycle. Maybe soon I'll just be happy to just knit rather than wanting to have the completed project in my hands, ready to wear/use.

As I held up the rug, I felt like it was just too cute and soft to be a rug. Do I really want people to step on it? It's too thick to be a baby blanket.

I'll decide later.

I'm off to get more water, spray my aching throat, to try to get more sleep.

Good thing there aren't any cookies in the house. I might have decided I needed to finish them too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I don't think knitter's ever get over "finishing fever." At least, I don't! [g]

Your rug is turning out lovely and I have to agree that I wouldn't want anyone stepping on it. Do you have an area in your house that's more decorative...maybe showcasing it under a little table, or something where it won't get walked on?

Take care...

August 5, 2004 at 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get "finishing fever" like that too. It's usually once I reach the halfway point. Before that, I couldn't care less (unless I have a deadline).

But once I hit that halfway point, it's downhill...the ending gets closer & closer, and I just want to finish ASAP!

I don't think there's a thing wrong with that. The faster you finish, the sooner you get to work on something new! :)

Natalie

August 5, 2004 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger caramelknits said...

Sorry you're feeling so crumby today! The Rug is looking really great! Hope you feel better so that you can finish it soon.

August 5, 2004 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home