Saturday, August 28, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday. I'm twenty-two...plus interest.

My birthday wish was to go to a couple of yarn stores in VA Beach.

We left late for the gathering for my husband's office. Therefore, we were not able to make it to the yarn shops before they closed. We did, however, make it to Ewe Knit Kits, so that I could see where the store was! To top it off, I was blessed to meet Linda, LJ!

My husband, friendly extrovert that he is, rolled down the window and told Linda, (didn't know it was Linda at the time) how I had been wanting to get to the shop and asked about store hours. He also told her I had too much yarn. Linda, lovely lady that she is, told him it was normal to have yarn throughout the house. Gotta love her just for that!

She was quite friendly and very gracious, especially since we were two strangers in a car, talking to her after the store had closed.

Since she looked familiar to me, we took a chance and asked her name and found out she was in fact the Linda with whom I had "exchanged PM's" at KR. I'm also a reader of her blog.

It was a wonderful birthday treat for me and I plan to get back to the shop again when they are OPEN. I'm just not a fan of driving through that doggone tunnel!

Thanks, Linda! It was great to meet you!

4 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Hey Kimberly,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Mines coming up in november (ill be 22 too!) and I asked for the same thing - trips to yarn shops!

Thats pretty cool about meeting Linda! Its always exciting when things like that happen.

Thank you for your comments on my blog, and for stopping by! Hope you had a great birthday!

August 29, 2004 at 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kimberly! I'm almost halfway done sewing up Henry's Blanket!

Patti

August 29, 2004 at 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
froggy

August 29, 2004 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Well happy belated birthday! And of course you saw me at my best...lugging empty boxes to the dumpster...boxes that had been filled with new Fall yarns that are now on the shelf waiting for someone to purches.... Linda

Let's see...Route 17 via James River Bridge, pick up I664 somewhere around Churchland/Suffolk, then follow I664 until it splits to I64, follow to the I264 exit heading towards Va. Beach and take the second Lynhaven exit, hang a left at the stop light and then a right into Yorktown Commons and you're there. No tunnel!!!

August 30, 2004 at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home