Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Rowan 36 esta aqui

I finally got it! My Rowan 36 has arrived!

My invoice has a personal note on it saying that they ran out of the Tucker table runner but should be receiving them in a couple of weeks. That works for me.

Also in the packet they sent was an announcement that you could buy Kaffe Fassett Greeting Cards. The announcement is in b/w, so you can't see all the lovely colors.

Inside Rowan 36, on page 71, there's an advertiement for a book called The Knitted Teddy. It looks so cute., I'm going to have to do a little research on this book. There's also an article on page 12 about Marion Faole with pictures of two darling tailored jackets on page 16. The jackets are from her book, Marion Foale's Knitwear. I may have to keep an eye out for this as well.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to really look through the whole book this weekend to see which patterns to add to my "Must Knit" list.



In an unexpected knitting find, I stumbled across a little booklet in the magazine section of Barnes and Noble. It was only $3.99 and has 25 projects in it. The projects are diverse, and for $3.99, it was worth it just for the Faroese shawl pattern in it.



For the small project I started, it has a diagonal pattern to it. Hope you can see the pattern.



One of the points looks like it's no quite aligned. So, as little as this project is, it will still need blocking when I'm done.

On an interesting note, it may take a little longer than anticipated to knit this project. I'm still getting used to the thinner yarn after knitting with the two strands of worsted for the rug. The size 2 needles remind me of shish kabob skewers. I'm surprised they seem so small as I've knit with size 3's before. I think it's a good idea to switch every now and then any way. A little variety is a good thing.

In any case, I'm just happy to have a small, portable project.

Actually, I'd really prefer to start knitting my socks. I just still need to get some non-wool sock yarn. Hoping to take care of that very thing this weekend. With a little luck, I'll make it to Ewe Knit Kits or one of the other shops in VA Beach.

As a person who has very few yarn shop choices close to her, this is an exciting endeavor. Hope I get there.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new Rowan magazine looks like it has some really great stuff in it. Have fun picking out your projects.

August 25, 2004 at 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. That last comment was from me.
-Christina

August 25, 2004 at 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you got the new rowan book! for some reason the pics are not popping up for me, but i will try back later 'cause i have to see you favs. and i can't wait to start socks too. happy yarn shopping. i was at va beach a little while back. i didn't know there were shops in the area. i'll have to check before my next trip. take care!

August 26, 2004 at 4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me again. i'll have to check out ewe Knits. thanks for the link. can't wait to hear what you pick up. and you have to share info about he shops in that area, likes, dislikes(if there can be any when yarn is involved)

froggy(again,lol)

August 26, 2004 at 4:47 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Looks like a great pile of reading you have there. The little booklet looks interesting. I finally got my Fall Interweave yesterday. I am going to wind my yarn for the Flower Basket Shawl later. Can't wait to cast on....

August 26, 2004 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

What there's more than one store in Virginia Beach? I love Eweknitkits but would love to visit another store when I visit family in Tidewater. Do tell where the other stores are? Inquiring minds want to know!

August 27, 2004 at 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might not get this your blog entry was a bit ago, I made the Farose shawl you refer to from the little Best Recipes Booklet and Love it, I made it in Helen's Lace Denim colourway and love it!!

May 29, 2005 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home