Friday, August 06, 2004

Staying Positive

A positive attitude is a wonderful thing. Being around someone who is negative really drains you.

I strive to be positive but I'm not always successful.

Right now, I'm in pain and I'm exhausted. I have no idea why. It's frustrating and it's really gnawing at my outlook.

On top of that, I was laid-off on Tuesday.

There's more but I'm not going to groan on and on about it.

So, I'm concentrating on being as positive as I can, while being realistic. Does that make sense?

...and so it goes:

I now have a couple of employment prospects. I should not be unemployed for very long.

My rug is still coming along well and I'm anxious to start Elderflower.

I read through an article on seaming again. I think I'm going to actually be able to make a decent seam on the hat I made. I'm going to block the edges, let them dry, then try to seam them.

If all goes well with the hat, next on the seaming list is a set of booties. I failed to knit the i-cord ties for them because I'm going to knit them in either blue or pink, depending on the recipient.

If all goes well with the booties, I'll tackled the hat from Knitting for Baby that has you finishing with uneven edges.

If that goes well, I should be more than ready for Klaralund when the time comes.

That's positive thinking...right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

You're right on the money about keeping a positive outlook, Kim. Hang tough, it'll be worth it.

August 7, 2004 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I agree....keep that positive attitude going. I love the progress on your rug, it is adorable. Sounds like your list of projects is coming along nicely.

August 7, 2004 at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home