Friday, September 17, 2004

Hobbling along

I cannot believe it but it has happened again. I have injured myself.

Yesterday evening, while cooking dinner for my hubby, I somehow managed to knock a bottle of steak sauce off of the counter and onto my foot. It slammed into my foot. Let me say that again. It slammed into my foot.

Most of the impact was on my toes.

The bottle is made of heavy glass. It hit the floor after it hit my foot but did not break. After the pain subsided enough for me to talk, I wanted to pick up the bottle to break it.

For the rest of the night, I had trouble walking and was in awful pain. There was a teeny bit of bleeding but nothing significant.

This morning, it's hard to walk.

I don't understand why this keeps happening to me. I guess I'm doing too many things at once, don't notice my surroundings, so I hurt myself.

It could be worse. The bottle could have broken. My son could have been nearby. I could have knocked the pan over when I fell from the pain.

I don't think there's a break but if there is, there's not a lot they can do for toes.

At least it's not the whole foot.

This could change my weekend in drastic ways.

I'm still going to the Knit-Out...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home