Sunday, September 19, 2004

I'm not going

I'm not going to DC.

It has been expressed to me that it is not wise for me to put undue stress on my injured foot. It's true. I knew it was true. Still want to go. I know, however, that going would probably have been painful. Who want's pain?

Rose is going. Christina is going. Kim (Busymamaof2 from KR) is going. Evelyn is going. Claire (from another group) is going. Knittens is going. I won't get to meet them but I hope a few of them meet one another and have a great time.

My son is not feeling well. This was probably the kicker for me decided to not go. He and hubby took a ride out for a little father-son time, as my son wanted to go somewhere. He fell asleep almost immediately. A long trip would have been bad for him.

We didn't get much sleep last night. He kept waking up. He was having problems with his allergies and he was, of course, irratable during those waking moments.

Maybe I'll get to knit a few rows of something today.


In Klaralund news, I started a sleeve on Friday. I got distracted in the doctor's office and did something crazy. I ripped it out and started over. I guess I got caught up in something else because I'm planning to rip it again and start over.

I may try to add some increases to the bust area to accommodate this area. I really don't want to make an extremely large boxy garment, so I'm thinking a little shaping might be a good thing. I'm still new to altering any pattern. Therefore, I'm not sure if I will really alter the pattern or if I'll just save alterations for a pattern of the future.

I'm going to try to sneak in a little nap now. I'm exhausted and a little down about missing the event today. I had even made out little cards with my name and e-mail on them to help stay in contact with fun people I might meet.

I know not going was the best decision. I just really wanted to go.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

You were quite wise to save your foot. We had fun meeting up. We can certainly meet up with you some other time! The knitting event itself was sort of disappointing all around. Those who hadn't been before expected more, and I'd been before and expected improvements that weren't there.

And now my feet hurt, so you're a step ahead!

We'll meet up soon!

September 20, 2004 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Amie summed it up pretty well. I had a good time, but was definitely expecting more. It was a very good decision for you to stay off your feet - I'm right there with Amie, my feet are killin' me now!

We will definitely meet up soon, so don't be too upset. i will take one of your cool cards then!

September 20, 2004 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Sorry to hear you ended up not going. I am sure your foot is better for it. Hope you are feeling much better by now.

September 22, 2004 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Amie and Knittens, I'm glad you had a good time. I really would have loved it, even with it being a small event. I really am hoping we'll be able to meet some time.

Maureen, thanks for all of your support. The foot is doing great now.

September 23, 2004 at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home