Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I'm rambling

I ripped the sleeve for Klaralund and cast-on again at lunch.

The ball started falling apart and I thought about how nice it would have been to have a ball winder.

Life is still hectic so I''m not getting to knit...or much else I plan.

My son still doesn't want to go to school. It's heart breaking and frustrating. He'll tell you how he had fun. He'll talk about things they are learning. In the morning, however, he just doesn't want to go.

I really don't know what to do. The teachers are still telling me to give it more time and that he's fine.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering about my job situation. I'm part-time but I'm not sure if I'm considered "permanent." As a part-time worker, I get no vacation or holiday pay.

Fatigue is still a major issue but the foot is healing beautifully. I can walk normally. Well, I think I'm walking normally but in reality I may still have a slight limp. I can't run but walking is pretty cool to me right now.

Maybe I can wear cute shoes next week. Maybe my son will want to go to school next week. Maybe my son will feel better and not wake up during the night next week. Maybe I'll sleep better next week.

Maybe the good times are just around the corner.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh gosh, I'm sure things will get better! I will send good thoughts your way! I'm sure your son will get the hang of it! Maybe try planning for something you do together right after - some ritual - go to the park - whatever it is that he can look forward to doing right after school.

September 23, 2004 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Hopefully this week went better for you and your son. We had several criers at school this week, but by Friday no tears to be seen or screams to be heard. Just takes the little ones some time to get used to something new. Hope all is well!

September 25, 2004 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Gosh, I hope things look up next week! Maybe it's not school that he minds but the bus? Homeroom?

September 26, 2004 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

At my office we have permanent P/T employees, however they don't get benefits until they work 21 hours per week or more. After living in Canada for so may years I am beginning to realize maybe our benefits are OK.
Li

October 2, 2004 at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home