Monday, September 27, 2004

A Little of This, a Little of That

I'm planning to get a little knitting done tonight, even if it's just two rows.

It's about 6:45 PM and I could go to sleep right now. How I'll manage to stay awake, I do not know.

One of the guys at work told me his wife and daughter had knit for a short time. They are "product" type knitters rather than process knitters, so they aren't knitting as much now. He said they made a few scarves but they wanted them to be done quickly. I was kind of hoping he'd say they were still knitting, possibly getting the chance to find a knitting buddy, but it doesn't sound like they enjoyed knitting. Instead, it seems they were knitting just to make the scarves they wanted. There's nothing wrong with that. It just means they won't be interested in hearing about my yarn quests or my pattern obsessions.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Lion Brand yarns, I got in a new catalog from them today. I do like Cotton-Ease and I've been wanting to try the sock yarn.

In the catalog there's a little shell entitled "Simple Shell." It's knit in a new yarn called Incredible, which is 100% nylon. Part of me wants to try this yarn but I'm wondering how comfortable 100% nylon would be.

I'm getting ready to check my son's backpack for homework. At first I was surprised that 4 year-olds would have homework but I think it's a good idea. The children get to keep using what they learned and parents get to reinforce what is learned. I love it. I also love knowing what he's doing in school.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home