Wednesday, September 08, 2004

What a week

It's been a stressing week.

Pre-School has been tough on all of us. Although my son says he likes pre-school, he doesn't want to go. The teacher assured me he does fine after I drop him off and the day car providers at the school say he's great. Of course, it's a battle to get him geared up in the morning. He says he just wants to stay home with me. Even if I decided to cut back his hours, I'm not home any more. I'm working again. It's only part-time but the hours could pick up.

I'm looking forward to when he's used to the new routine. There have been a lot of changes for him so I know it's probably a major adjustment.

In terms of knitting and crocheting, there just hasn't been time. I've been going to work, pre-school and everywhere else with yarn and needles tucked into my purse but have not done anything. Maybe, just maybe I'll get to knit something tomorrow.

With all these knit-alongs I've joined, I need to be knitting something.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Awwww, poor little guy. He will adjust with time, but it's hard until that time comes. The same with your knitting. You'll get into a routine and find yourself knitting more again. I used to knit at 5:30 in the morning on my way to work on the subway.

September 8, 2004 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hey Kimberly!
I can relate on the stress front. It always seems like knitting doesnt make much progress around this time of year for me. But, it will kick back once the routine kicks in.

I'm sorry about your son. It is always hard when something knew like that is introduced! I can only imagine how hard it is for him - and you! But things will start to work out. When I was working in a pre-school, there was one little boy who had a very ahrd time with the morning transition. We would engage him immediatly in what we knew was his favorite activity - blocks. It made things a little easier, but I can't imagine what it was like at home trying to get him there in the first place!

September 9, 2004 at 6:25 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I hope you little fella gets adjusted soon. I am sure that is hard on you.

September 9, 2004 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Ladies!
He's doing well once we leave. He even says he has fun.
I guess I'd rather stay home too!
Thanks for the kind wishes for us.

September 10, 2004 at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home