Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I think we have a problem

I crocheted happily for a little while last night. I didn't have a lot of time but I have my 15 minute allotment that I am trying to use everyday for crafting.

Let's just say, "Something went wrong."

I was crocheting merrily along. Things looked okay. Then I got to the next stitch pattern and skipped a part of it.

Next thing you know, I've got curls!


Looks like I'll be starting over.

If I can't get it right today, I may knit the blanket instead. I had no idea I had forgotten crochet basics. I may really need to practice a little more before I take on a real crochet project.

I'm just going to restart the project during lunch. Then I'll work on it for a while tonight.

If it doesn't come out right, I may just have to try another pattern, as I could just be misinterpreting this particular pattern, or I'll wait to crochet a project when I've had more practice.

I can always knit a little blanket for the charity. I just thought crocheting would be faster.

Guess it's only faster if you remember what you are doing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well...the curls are lovely though :) It'll come back to you, don't worry.

October 26, 2004 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Jennifer!

I like the curls too but they definitely won't work for a blanket, except maybe for edging.

Wish me luck!

October 28, 2004 at 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly,

The pattern for the baby afghan is great. I must use it.

It looks as if you are putting too many stiches into one stitch and that's why your blanket is curling.

On the first row, you put 1 sc, then ch 2, then 2 dc in the first sttich. Are your skipping two chains before starting again? Actually, from your photo, it looks like you have.

On the second row, you are putting the 1 sc, ch 2, 2 dc cluster in the ch 2's only.

Hope that helps.

BTW, so far, I'm really enjoying Klaralund. Are you using Silk Garden #8?

Vera
Vera's Crafty Blog
http://vhanna26.typepad.com
vhanna26@msn.com

October 29, 2004 at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home