Friday, October 29, 2004

Pumpkins

I like the fall. The leaves are so pretty and the temperatures are so mild.

We went to pick out a pumpkin for my son today. The pumpkin quest was for fun. The pumpkin is not for carving or associations with anything other than fall, harvest, and the beauty of things God made. We even took a hay ride which is something I've never aspired to do.

I don't know what we'll do with the pumpkin but my little man enjoyed picking one.



I corrected semi-new errors in my Klaralund sleeve.


Then somewhere I dropped a stitch. Guess that's what I get for trying to knit without looking.

I'll be correcting that tonight.

At least I'm getting in my 15 minutes.

I found there are a few programs for homeless people here. I really thought t here would be more but maybe I haven't done enough research. Looks like a few organizations and a few churches. I guess that's something.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool pumpkin patch pic and just have to get ahold of that blue you are using for klara. its just gorgeous!
froggyknits.com

October 30, 2004 at 4:49 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

What a cutie your son is picking pumpkins! Very adorable!
As for klara- at least you caught the purls now and not 10 inches down the sleeve!

October 30, 2004 at 6:45 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Love the look of your Klaralund sleeve as it progresses! Even with the purled stitch! The pumpkin patch picture of your son is adorable! I love going to the farm stand and orchards this time of year! Good luck finding all the info for the homeless programs. There has got to be a better way to find some of the local ones beside just word of mouth like around me.... Keep up the good work!

October 31, 2004 at 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments about my sleeve and my son. Both are doing pretty well right now. ;)

Hopefully I can continue my sleeve and make some real progress.

Thanks again for the encouragement!

November 1, 2004 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Great pic of your little cutie! What did you wind up doing with the pumpkin? One year we did a sort of free~form painting but this year they were happy to leave them au natural :o)
Isn't it funny that when we can't seem to find the time to knit is when we need to knit the most? *sigh* Hang in there, you'll work it out to find some time!

November 1, 2004 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home