Saturday, October 02, 2004

When the Going Gets Tough

My son is sick. I kept him home from school yesterday. Although he's obviously ill, he's feeling much better than he did but now we're both worn out.

Between the ear infection, the coughing, the puking, and the cleaning up, neither of us has gotten quality sleep.

I’ve been contemplating a few projects, mostly the ones I’ve started but seem to have abandoned. I think about knitting and crocheting. I dream about knitting and crocheting. Trouble is, I still have trouble fitting either into my day.

I also haven’t been to my LYS in almost a month.

I’m stressed, not just because of the lack of knitting and crocheting, though.

I just need vacation, a real one. I also need to feel better. Pain and fatigue are not mood enhancers.

I’m still working part-time. I have no idea when that will end so I’m trying to make myself aware of other working options. With my son’s medical problems, I’m having concerns about things I can do. I need somewhere to work where I can have flexibility.

I’m still also purging things from the house. Part of me feels like I should just close my eyes and do it. With that method we’d have less stuff, of course, but I’d probably end up throwing away the very stuff we should keep.

Why does it take so long to purge enough to feel like you’ve made a difference? What causes people to accumulate so much stuff in the first place?

Blogger isn’t cooperating with my ISP either.

Five rows will be knit tonight. Five rows, not four, not three, not two, FIVE.

3 Comments:

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Thanks, Kimberly, for your comment on my blog. I remember those days of ear infections and all that goes with them. It was exhausting. They do grow out of them. Looking forward to following your blog.
Li

October 2, 2004 at 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
thanx for stopping by my blog! Sorry your son is sick. :-( We've had some kind of cold thang going through our family as well. Ick!
As for which pattern is calling my name the loudest, it's the Eowynish sweater. it's sooo gorgeous! I'm trying to find a good yarn sub. right now. Hopefully I can start it sometime this winter; I want to knit a sensible sweater first- contemplating a Jo Sharp design, mmmm. :-)
-Sarah Eliz aka hobbitknitter
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com

October 4, 2004 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Hope your son is feeling better by now. It sure is easy to accumulate things. I am working on doing some weeding myself.

October 5, 2004 at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home