Sunday, November 14, 2004

Hats, Hats, and Hats

I knit a few additional decreasing rows on my little pink hat. Hopefully, I'll get it sewn shut today. I had planned to sew it up on Friday during my lunch break but somehow left my yarn needles at home.



I pulled the yarn for the blue hat but have been remiss about starting it. I will be starting it today because I need to mail the hats out this week.

Since kids are really, really bad about keeping up with their hats, and since my son's blue hat is missing, I have decided make him a hat too. KR has given rave reviews to Denimstyle. Therefore, I used it to knit my first project, an afghan for my son. His hat will be in the Denimstyle as well but in blue to match his coat/jacket. There will be enough yarn left to make at least one other hat, so I may make two to give him a spare.


I went shopping with my mom on Thursday. I came home with a new book.


Much to my dismay, I also came home barely being able to walk, so I think I'll be catalog shopping for Christmas rather than strolling through the malls.

Maybe that's a good thing.

Wonder if my parents would like for me to make them hats?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute hat. great gift idea. hope you are feeling better soon. catalog shopping may be the way to go.
froggyknits.com

November 14, 2004 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I do catalogue shopping myself...can't stand crowds during the holidays.

I love the wee pink hat.

I'll be waiting to see how the Denimstyle knits up. I've been wanting to try some myself.

Hope you feel better.

Happy Knitting!

November 14, 2004 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I knit a similar baby hat in the denim yarn you have pictured. Aren't those hats irresistible?
Li

November 16, 2004 at 1:36 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Cute hat! That will be my next project to go with the pink mittens I am working on! I also have two skeins of the Denim yarn ready to work into warm sock/slippers for x-mas presents.. well waiting in the wings somewhere! Feel better soon!

November 18, 2004 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Ladies!

I'm enjoying the hats and getting more and more comfortable with dpn's. Of course now, more than ever, I want to figure out the Magic Loop.

I'm getting my catalogs together now for Christmas Shopping. If I order early enough, I can get the gifts, wrap them, and not worry about the crowds.

I am going out, for about an hour or two on the day after Thanksgiving but only to one store.

November 18, 2004 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home