Friday, December 10, 2004

Things About Me, maybe 100, maybe not

I was told I should do this list when I first started my blog but I hesitated. Now I've decided I may as well post a list.

Things About Me -- in no particular order:

1. I love personality tests but I see how people/companies could use them against you.
2. For Meyers-Briggs, I am an INFP/INFJ. The INFP is the truer me.
3. I married an ESTJ and it makes harmony a little challenging.
4. I do not have a favorite color.
5. One of my favorite musicians is Jonathan Butler.
6. When I was 21, I would work out for 2 hrs a day. I had a resting heart rate of 60.
7. Now, I'm always too tired to work out and I wouldn't dream of telling anyone my resting heart rate.
8. I was left-handed, then someone switched me to make life "easier for me."
9. I hate driving.
10. When I carry cash, I like all the bills to face the same way, with each denomination in order of value.
11. I have no pets. We may get a dog, someday, if we move to an area with a bigger yard, and if we can agree on a breed.
12. I go through phases where I don't like ice cream. I'm not in that phase right now.
13. I used to be amazingly optimistic.
14. A realist is what I now consider myself to be but hubby says I'm a pessimist.
15. I don't drink coffee or cappuccino. There is always an aftertaste that I don't like.
16. I prefer Pepsi over Coca-Cola.
17. Right now I'm trying not to drink either.
18. I don't like for different foods on my plate to touch.
19. Until I was about 18, I ate each food separately, one food, then another.
20. I didn't notice I was doing it until someone pointed it out to me when I was about 13.
21. I decided it was immature to eat them by sections, so I made a conscious effort to eat a little of each food throughout my meal.
22. Looking back on it now, I wonder why anyone would care how I ate my food and also why it mattered enough to me to change it.
23. Trust is difficult for me.
24. Unless I'm performing, in a theatrical sense, I don't like crowds.
25. I believe we all have talents, skills, areas where we shine.
26. I believe some of my talents and skills are buried under the desire to just survive.
27. I lost one of my best friends to AIDS.
28. He was a remarkable man and I miss him.
29. I value my friendships dearly but don't actively seek lots of contact. (Remember, I'm an INFP.)
30. I play the part of an extrovert at work, when I have a job.
31. Most people at work have no idea that although I like them, I'm worn out by the time I get home from all the interaction.
32. I love languages.
33. I started learning French and Spanish.
34. I really need to get back to them, brush-up on words and phrases, and learn more words, idioms, and such.
35. I was a great speller until I started learning French.
36. I know a few words in Swedish.
37. I am finally an official member of a local Knitting Guild.
38. Even though I love the guild, I'm thinking of starting a knitting group closer to home.
29. I've been knitting a little over a year.
30. I learned to crochet before I learned to knit.
31. I can't read crochet patterns...yet...but I do pretty well with knitting patters...so far.
32. I think about knitting and crocheting all the time.
33. I've never knit anything with a chunky yarn.
34. I only own one skein of anything heavier than worsted weight.
35. I'm a Rowanette but I never post to the Rowan site.
36. I keep waiting for Kim Hargreaves to open her website.
37. I used to write poems, short stories, plays, and articles.
38. I miss writing but feel I've lost my voice.
39. I think it's related to the whole cycle of "deferring a dream."
40. I probably need to rekindle the dream before the explosion occurs. http://www.cswnet.com/~menamc/langston.htm
41. I suffer horribly from fatigue.
42. No matter how much sleep I get, it never seems to be quite enough.
43. I love to drink really cold water.
44. Before I became pregnant with my son, I did not like to drink water that was cooler than room temperature.
45. While I was pregnant, the water had to be really cold.
46. When I was pregnant I couldn't eat ground beef.
47. I'm definitely not pregnant, but I'm finding I no longer like ground beef.
48. I keep EVERYONE at a distance.
49. I don't like to have anyone too close.
50. I'm a closet watcher of The Real World.
51. When I get to watch tv, which isn't often, I love to watch shows on HGTV, TLC, and A&E, like Sell this House, Curb Appeal, Design on a Dime, House Hunters, Mission Organization, What Not to Wear BBC, What Not to Wear TLC, and Clean Sweep.
52. I still like music from the 80's and even some from the 70's, especially Bill Withers.
53. I used to love going to the movie theatre.
54. I haven't been to a movie in over a year.
55. Recently, as in the last four years, we've started renting more movies.
56. I like dramas, mysteries, and comedies.
57. One of my favorite movies is How Stella Got Her Groove Back because I loved the friendship between Stella and Delilah.
58. I liked the way they supported and cared for one another, no matter the situation.
59. Even though I had read the book before seeing the movie, when Delilah died, I cried until I could barely see.
60. Another movie I loved was Wit.
61. I saw it for the first time several months after my father-in-law (FIL) died.
61. I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen even though I was crying like a baby.
61. Amadeus is another favorite.
62. If you can get past the cursing and killing, I highly recommend The Last Kiss Good-night.
63. Obviously, I like a variety of movies with "round" characters, with a decent plot.
64. Two of my favorite designers of clothing no longer have clothing lines. Therefore, I'm holding on to the garments that I still have, dreading the day when they are no longer suitable to wear.
65. One of them, by far the one I miss the most, is Carol Little, as her clothing was fun, diverse, and comfortable.
66. I love reading fiber-related blogs.
67. My favorites are those that seem to be from friendly people with a positive attitude and those willing to share things they've learned.
68. The first sweater I ever wanted to knit was Cheesylove.
69. I found Cheesylove by accident while hunting for a baby blanket pattern.
70. I found the Hoover Blanket at Knitty and decided to see what other patterns they had.
71. If it had not been for Cheesylove, all I ever would have considered knitting or crocheting would be baby items.
72. Now I'm a big Knitty fan and open to making all sorts of projects.
73. I ordered a yarn for a shawl as a Christmas present to myself this year.
74. My son has requested more knitted objects for himself.
75. My son is probably my biggest knitting fan.
76. He simply glows when I make something for him.
77. The first item I ever finished was for him.
78. It was a blanket that he still uses and will promptly tell you is HIS.
79. I'm still searching for nice cotton yarns that don't look awful after washing because of his allergies and sensitive skin.
80. I let him take pictures with the digital camera frequently because at the age of three, he took a few pictures that were great.
81. I want to make sure I encourage him to do the things he enjoys.
82. It's important to me to be a good wife and a good mother.
83. I met my husband in church when we were kids.
84. We didn't date until much later in life.
85. Two things I love about him are his laughter and his smile.
86. I admire his strength and adaptability.
87. My mom is one of my favorite people in the world.
88. We have grown closer as I have gotten older.
89. When I was younger, I was really close with my paternal grandmother who died when I was in my early twenties.
90. Her death is still fresh to me, as if it were yesterday.
91. Both sets of my grandparents were very good to me.
92. Each one had special talents and qualities.
93. My maternal grandfather crocheted, had a farm, and great mechanical ability. The fact that he crocheted makes me so very proud of crocheting and appreciate that manly men can crochet.
94. My paternal grandfather was wonderful with animals and for a bit, was a photographer. I love taking pictures and nuture the picture taker in my son.
95. My paternal grandmother was a great cook, vivacious, God-fearing, and full of love. I still bake a few things that she would make just to feel like she's near me at the holidays.
96. My maternal grandmother is the sole surfing grandparent I have. She had always been incredibly patient, pleasant, and God-fearing, before dementia crept-in. When I'm alone, I hum, just like she does.
97. My favorite flowers are daffodils, tulips, and purple irises but I think it's a wonderful gesture to send roses.
98. It took me months of sporadic additions and omissions to make this list.
99. I've listed and erased several of the 100 "things" during this time.
100. I'm enjoying reading the list of others so I hope at least one person enjoys my list.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! :)

~~Luvtocraft
http://luvtocraft.blogspot.com/

December 10, 2004 at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home