Monday, January 17, 2005

Flurries...

I'm fighting the fatigue. It's only a little after 8:00 and I already want to got to bed.

The drive home today was a beast. I prayed the entire way. Snow is pretty in pictures, even in real life. I just don't like to go out in it, other than to play.

When I went out to my car this afternoon, I realized I had forgotten where I'd parked. I knew the section where I parked my car was close to the front but I couldn't remember the exact space. Unfortunately, all the cars looked like this:


I approached a car I thought was mine and happily laughed with delight when I was able to unlock the door! It took a few minutes to rid the car of snow but even longer to actually get out of the parking lot!

Of course they only predicted flurries today.

I took my yarn to work for the Ripple Afghan. I didn't take a lunch break, so I didn't get a chance to start it yet. I had planned something in bright, cheerful, crayon-like colors but Cotton-Ease doesn't offer as many colors as one would hope.



The yarn pictued above will be used for the afghan. I have some blue also that I'm debating about using but I really only wanted the blue if I could also have green. Hope it all works out when I crochet it.

The Elsie Hat that I started will be frogged. I had already frogged and reknit it several times since I was talking more than I was counting during my last knitting meeting. I just can't bear the thought of a seam in this hat, so once I can get to the store I'll be picking up some circular needles in 10.5 and 11. I'm really liking the Cork yarn, even if it does make my fingers itch a little.


Bargain Ahead
While scrolling through the textbooks, I thought I may as well scroll through the knitting books as well. Barnes and Noble, at some point, took a shot at getting in on the knitting bandwagon. I'm guessing it didn't go as well as planned because I picked up this book for less than $3.00. For three bucks, even if there's only one good thing about it, I don't feel like I was cheated.


If school is out tomorrow, my son and I will have a nice day together. We'll sleep late, do some reading, play in the snow, and bake cookies. If I can get him to take a nap, I'll try to start my Ripple Afghan. If not, while I crochet, my son, I'm hoping, will be entertained with a few school related activities. Sometimes I find cool stuff for him to read on the internet. On Martin Luther King's Birthday, we went to the Nickelodeon Jr. site to play a game and found a little booklet about Dr. King. I thought that was really nice that Nickelodeon took the time to show appreciation for diversity.
http://www.nickjr.com/parenting/parenting_features/mlk_day/thank_you_dr_king.jhtml?minibar=true
There are lots of choices for him. Hopefully, he'll pick one that involves time for me have a few "crochet and knitting moments."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's going to be one bright afghan! :)
Natalie

January 20, 2005 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Those colors will make a beautiful afghan... I love all the new Knitpick yarns too. I want to try some of their sock yarn. Glad you made it home safe and sound. Thanks for the knid comments about my mittens too.

January 21, 2005 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Oh I love those colors! I've started a sweater with the cotton ease and like it. Can't wait to see pictures of the finish!

January 22, 2005 at 2:00 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I love the colors you chose for the Ripple Along. I made a similar one last year with the addition of green, blue and purple. Very crayon like, but fun for a kid. Your car looks like mine right now! Of course I am not going out there to touch mine! It is SOOOO cold! I doubt it is even close to 0 degrees yet! With more snow on the way! Keep warm!

January 22, 2005 at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home