Thursday, February 03, 2005

Fruitful February

I was posting in a knitting/crocheting group recently and mentioned I had gotten very little knitted or crocheted during the month of January. I then posted that I hoped February would be more fruitful.

My theme, for the month, as indicated in the title, is "Fruitful February."

I'm trying to get some things accomplished this month, not just craft-wise, but in all aspects of my life.

I've been rather introspective, as I frequently am. I would love to say it could also be "Fearless February," but I'm taking this thing one step at a time.

I'm happily and patiently awaiting the arrival of Rowan 37. I've read somewhere that there has been a delay. Did Rowan send me an e-mail? I've been remiss in checking my e-mail, so I can't say for sure, but I doubt it.

I went to the Rowan site to preview the issue. I'm hoping for good articles and information in this issue. As far at the pattern preview is concerned, I really liked Butterfly, which would definitely have to be worn under clothes or "behind closed doors." I also really like Gem but I'm a little baffled by the high collar with NO sleeves. (This feature on garments has always puzzled me.) I also think Elspeth would be cute with a different tie on it.

Sadly, I do miss the designs of Kim Hargreaves. I didn't like everything she designed, of course, but most of what I liked was designed by her. Unfortunately, her site is still under construction, although the sign at the site says, "Nearly there!"

I'm planning to peak through my knitting books again. I want to learn a few more cast-on methods and hopefully how to just make my own pattern. Seems like once you've got the basics down, you know a little bit about garment construction, it would be a matter of combining this with a little math.

We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home