Thursday, August 18, 2005

About 1/2 Way There

I'm about half way through my mother's afghan. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. It's been therapeutic for me to knit it.

I was supposed to have an MRI, but I found out I was pregnant.

The joy and anticipation of pregnancy was slightly clouded with the fact that I might have a tumor, but the MRI was postponed and another test planned.

Then, sadly, I miscarried.

I know, could this get any sadder?

So, I've been knitting my mom's afghan, as I try to get over the loss. I'll talk to my doctor in a few days to see if they are going to go ahead with the MRI now.

I'm feeling pretty good about the afghan. I've gotten a lot of work done on it, considering I tinked/unknit in excess of 20 rows to correct an error.

When I finish this blanket, my son has requested a new blanket for him. I'm looking for a stitch pattern that doesn't look to feminine. I'm leaning toward the basketweave pattern but still not sure yet.

I'm also thinking of jumping on making my caps to turn into the Guild for our charity donations. Strangely, I'm feeling drawn to make baby items. I'm guessing that urge will wane as my hormones are back to their normal non-pregnant state. Of course, I've always been drawn to baby items. Therefore, maybe I just need to find a baby hat pattern I like and crank those out whenever the urge strikes me.

Thank you to Michelle, Jennifa, Bliss, and Maureen for your encouraging comments. I'm coping pretty well right now and hoping for the best.

My next post will be positive. I promise.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard this time must be for you. And don't feel you have to be cheerful, this is YOUR blog. Life happens, and sometimes it's very helpful to get it out on here.

I don't think you mentioned where they think the tumor is. Since you said MRI, I'm assuming perhaps brain? I know they use MRI elsewhere though. Just to give you some encouragement if it is brain, my mother had a brain tumor when I was 17 years old, and had to have it operated on. It turned out to be non-cancerous, and she's still very well today, with no reoccurances *knocks on wood*.

August 19, 2005 at 1:35 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear of all you've been going through. You're in my thoughts.

August 19, 2005 at 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. Still sending prayers and good thoughts your way. I'm glad knitting on your mother's afghan is helping a bit. EZ really understood that we need to KNIT ON through all kinds of stresses and crises. Sometimes the repetition of the needles or emerging pattern is all we have to distract and soothe us from our thoughts.

August 19, 2005 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

That is so sad. I am so sorry for your loss! I will continue to have you in my thoughts! I hope the MRI turns out alright.

August 19, 2005 at 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a bad blogger, and haven't been keeping up on my blog reading. I'm so sorry about all the sadness in your life right now, Kimberly. ::hugs::

August 19, 2005 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Sorry to hear about your loss and your health problems. I haven't had a tumor but I've miscarried more than once and understand what you're dealing with. Be sure to tell your loved ones how you're feeling even if they might not understand. You need family and friends to help you get through this time in your life. Best wishes and prayers...

Tanya

August 21, 2005 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. I'll be praying for you. Keep on knitting through it, it'll help a bit.

August 21, 2005 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home