Wednesday, August 31, 2005

No Tumor

Last Call
If you ever liked any of the patterns from Smart Yarns, today is the last day to print/save them. There were a few I really liked, including a shawl, so I went here and printed them out.


Vestibular Troubles
The MRI came out fine. There is no tumor. There is, however, some vestibular trouble. This is contributing to the vertigo. They'll tell me more soon and I'll be doing research on that. Thanks so much for your prayers, wam wishes, and thoughtful e-mails. Even when your body feels horrible, it's nice to have some positive words spoken/written in a caring fashion.

There will be more tests and more doctor visits but knowing there is no tumor is a huge load off of my shoulders. I contemplated what my child would do without me. I know my husband loves me but I figure he's lived more years without me than with me. Therefore, it would be easier for him to cope, to move on, if something grave were wrong with me. I don't want to think of my child growing up without me. I realize there are other ways to die besides cancer but I still feel better about being around for my family now that cancer has been ruled out as a current culprit.

Afghan Progress
I'm almost finished with skein 6. Life has just been too hectic to get much knitting done. My mom is getting excited about the afghan and loves the fact that it's almost ready. Unfortunately, I pulled a stitch near the bottom which created an error I need to fix. I need to examine it further to decide the best way to repair it.

I'll try to post some pictures before the weekend ends. My family reunion is coming up in a furious fashion; so I'm left with little time to to photograph anything. I'm trying to finish up the name tags for the reunion tonight so there will be no knitting at all. That's 3 days this week of no knitting, coupled with days of limited knitting, resulting in little progress.

I miss knitting the afghan. As I've mentioned before, it has truly comforted me to knit it.

Much has happened to me in the course of knitting this afghan. Some was good and some was bad. I feel like so much of my lost child is caught up in the knitting of this blanket. I almost hate to give it away but since it's for my mom it will be okay.


Birthdays
My blog is over a year old. I didn't do a blog-aversary or anything similar because it didn't seem monumental. There are so many people blogging these days, who have been blogging for quite a while, so my little date in May seemed like any other day. I am still glad to blog after this time and it's interesting to look back on how my attitude about knitting, yarn, and tools have changed over this year.

I also had a birthday, myself. I'm 22. plus interest, again. After losing my baby, I didn't feel like celebrating my birthday at all. I did want to treat myself to something nice, though. So...I bought myself 2 Lantern Moon bags for my birthday. One of my co-workers also gave me knitting note cards and yarn. I still feel like I can't celebrate but I do feel less like crying...and I'm enjoying my LM bags!

Katrina
The statistics and the pictures are heart-wrenching. Katrina brings back memories of Isabel for me. We were very fortunate during Isabel but the victims of Katrina got what all hurricane victims fear. I'm still so emotional right now and the thought of these people losing all they have, without know when things will return to some semblance or normal, is disturbing, to say the least. If you can, send help to them. The Red Cross is just one foundation that's helping. Your local news stations probably has informations on ways your community can help if you are uncomfortable with giving to the Red Cross.

Looking forward to a peaceful moment this weekend, though I'll have to steal it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm very relieved to hear that your MRI came out fine. I hope that you'll have the same news concerning the vestibular trouble.

August 31, 2005 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

P.S. Happy belated birthday! ;D

August 31, 2005 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

That's a relief! I'm so glad you are cleared in MRI. Happy Belated Birthday! Life has been tough and you are very strong to weather all this..:) I'm sending positive thoughts your way. *hugs*

August 31, 2005 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear it!

September 1, 2005 at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home