Monday, September 26, 2005

Everyday Life

I'm on skein 8 of the blanket. It's almost finished. I took it to my mom's house yesterday for her to measure. She said she wanted it to be a tad longer. Although I was hoping she would say it was already at a good length, deep down I knew the blanket was not quite at the finishing point.

I do believe I'll finish this week. I've already purchased yarn for my son's blanket and for a pair of baby booties I want to make. I still have so many things I want to make but would really prefer to just make something small right now, other than my son's blanket. I'll probably concentrate on cranking out a few sets of booties and some hats.

I'm surprised how much the miscarriage is still a part of my life. Some days I'm sailing along thinking I'm okay and then something will trigger the pain. It isn't crippling me but it's most certainly affecting me. I'm told this is all still very normal.

Some may wonder if I'm hurting from the loss, why in the world would I knit baby items? Truthfully, the very reason I ever learned to knit was to make baby items. The pieces will either be given as gifts, donated for charity, or saved for future possibilities.

In the meantime, I'm trying to finish the blanket for my mom, spend time with my family, get my life back to something that feels normal, and gear up for shopping for holiday gifts. I'm just coping, dealing, living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home