Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sudoku and a Little Knittng

While at work the other day, one of the gentlemen showed me a puzzle he was working. I was intrigued, so I tried to solve the puzzle as well. I'm hooked.

It's Sudoku. There's one published in our local paper each day. They are slightly similar to crossword puzzles, only you use numbers and logic. There's no math involved, but being able to count couldn't hurt.

Puzzles come in varying degrees of difficulty. There are games online and even Sudoku books. If you're interested in a little information, check out www.sudoku.com , http://www.websudoku.com/ , or http://www.sudoku.org.uk/ .

Each day now, I grab the morning paper so I can grab the puzzle. I suppose the novelty will eventually wear-off, but not necessarily. Believe it or not, I still like to do factor trees for fun.


In knitting news, I'm making progress on the blanket for my son. He checked on it today, giving it a slight approval. He felt that, "it was getting better but needed to be finished soon." Talk about the microwave generation. This kid should know better. We had a short talk about how long Grandma's blanket took to knit. He smiled knowingly as if he had said the words just to yank my chain.

The Pismo hat for my husband is still part of my plan but he has now requested a blanket for himself. I'll be hunting for stitch patterns an yarn for him. The thought of another blanket after making my mom's and my son's feels like it could be too much. I think I need a few small items in between to break up the blankets. I've got socks on the mind.

Maybe I really will try socks again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

I just got my husband hooked on sudoku puzzles! I bring the paper home and he is a little cranky if I forget a day. Then he has to go to the computer and print one off! :) The blanket is coming along really well. I too like to do different projects. I am not one to make blanket after blanket. I like smaller projects in between. Maybe you can crochet the one your husband wants. Crocheting seems to go faster on a blanket. Good luck!

October 25, 2005 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I've been hooked for years on a different type of puzzle called Logic Problems. They're like peanuts. You can't stop with just one.

I bet your son is yanking your chain! He sounds like a cutie. The blanket looks great!

October 26, 2005 at 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home