Tuesday, November 29, 2005

54 and Still Going

Thanksgiving was nice. Normally, it's extremely hectic but this year was a little better. I am very thankful for so many things and I'm am truly thankful for a less stressful holiday.

Thank you all for the kind comments on the blanket. It is now measuring 54 inches in length. That seems plenty long for a small child's blanket but I can't seem to stop adding to it.

Originally, the plan was a small blanket for my son. That was the plan. Plans change. After about the sixth skein, I kept telling myself I was going to add about 3 more inches and then the blanket would be done. I said this over and over. I'm still saying it. Only now I think I really mean it...but I could be just kidding myself.

I want my son to be able to enjoy the blanket for a long time. He's just a little tyke right now and he's going to grow. I don't want it to be too small for him to use next year. So the blanket continues to grow, I continue to measure it, and I continue to keep knitting.

I'm not sure where I'll stop.

I managed to get to the not-so-local yarn store on Friday after work. (Yes, I had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving.) I picked up some sock yarn with various shades of blue. I also picked up some Stork to knit Pismo. I should have asked for a specific color number because I think I brought home the wrong shade. I was too consumed with deciding on a sock yarn. Therefore, when I chose the yarn for the Pismo hat I figured the beige was close enough to brown. Now, I regret that I didn't ask about the brown. I'll be trying to pick up the brown later.

I've actually been making it to the Wednesday night knitting meetings. I've been enjoying them. I'm looking forward to the meeting tomorrow. Maybe I'll finish the blanket by the end of the meeting.

Don't count on it, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home