Sunday, December 11, 2005

No Dead Ducks

Yesterday I asked my husband to tell me something that he would really like to have for Christmas. I had asked him several times before but yesterday he readily and easily gave an answer. It was almost as if he had been waiting for me to ask again.

This afternoon, after researching the aforementioned item, my son and I set out to acquire the requested gift. Once I had purchased this gift and a few others on my list, I started to feel some disturbing pain. I decided to cut my shopping trip short.

On the way home, as I approached a curve in the street, two ducks had stopped in my direct path. Because the street is not a straight path, nor well-lit, I didn't see the ducks until it was almost too late. They appeared to have walked from separate sides of the street because each had it's body turned in a different direction. When my headlights hit them, both looked up at me and froze.

I prayed to God in Heaven to please not let me hit these ducks. I stopped probably two feet short of hitting them.

It would have ruined my day to have hit those ducks. I can't imagine it would have been the highlight of their day either.

Now my nerves are shot so I just need to do something to calm down. Folding clothes didn't do it so I'm getting ready to try a little knitting.

I'm just really glad I didn't hit the ducks. I don't think I could have explained it to my son. Glad I didn't have to try.

Knitting content tomorrow...

3 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

Oh goodness! I can imagine how shaky you were. Glad everything worked out for you and the ducks!

December 12, 2005 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Similar thing happened this morning with a woman and her dog. Thankfully we all avoided that! Glad you were able to able to avoid those ducks!

December 12, 2005 at 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! Glad you were able to avoid hitting the ducks!

December 17, 2005 at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home