Sunday, January 01, 2006

Only One


Happy New Year to you!

I spent my New Year's Eve countdown knitting the last few rows of my son's blanket. I still have to weave the ends and toss it into the washing machine but it feels like it's finished to me!

Since I'll technically be still finishing it today, it will be my first finished item of the 2006 year. In 2005, I only finished ONE thing.

I find this to be shocking! I'm alarmed. I'm really not getting in enough knitting time. Granted, the one item I finished was a large one, it's still only a single item. I started and stopped a few items and I got seriously bogged down with general every day life. This year, I can't let that happen.

This year, craftwise, I'm going to try to do the following:
  1. Crochet something
  2. Knit socks toe-up, top-down, and with different heels
  3. Knit a blanket for my husband
  4. Knit a bear for my son
  5. Knit at least one shawl
  6. Knit mini sweaters in different patterns for small, quick, portable fun knitting
  7. Update my inventory sheets so I know exactly which needles, hooks, books, and notions I own
  8. Make more time for knitting and crocheting
  9. Start scrapbooking
  10. Make time to do do the things I enjoy to relieve the stress and pressures of every day life

Number 9 on the list takes a back seat but I'm really hoping to get started at some point this year.

I find that, generally speaking, New Year's resolutions don't work for me. I make changes all during the year at the time I see fit. Making them at the start of the year, just to do it, has almost always worked against me. For this reason, I haven't made "New Year's resolutions" in over 20 years. I taking a slight detour from my rule for crafts only. The detour also features the word "try" rather than the phrase "I resolve."

Still, as always, I'm hoping to grow, give, learn, and love every day of my life.

Wishing you all a bright, beautiful, safe, and Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Happy New Year! You have a great list started! Funny all the things there are to try and work on. And more and more patterns! My goal this year is stash reduction! Of course I may add to it before it goes down any!

January 2, 2006 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger caramelknits said...

Hooray for trying to finish things. I hear and feel you on that one. The good thing about your list is that all those things will help you to focus more on your stress levels too. And that's always a good thing. :)

January 5, 2006 at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home