Friday, September 01, 2006

Ernesto

Ernesto has come through and really surprised me. We got a little information on the news that there would be some rain but I don't feel like I was really sufficiently warned for what we got. Maybe I didn't watch enough of the reports.

We were still really lucky. We only lost power for about 8 hours or so and the rising waters didn't make it inside of our house.

Hopefully all the water will be gone tomorrow.

Some For someone who thinks about knitting as much as I do, one would think there would be a lot of knitting done at my house. The contrary, however, is the truth.

The time I used to use for knitting, I've instead been working out. Although I've lost quite a few pounds, I have missed knitting.

I decided to knit something I never thought I would: discloths / coasters / mug rugs / doilies.

I started an apple one Wednesday. I knit a few rows whenever I found spare moments. It really helped with the stress I've been feeling. Once I finished the apple cloth, I started one in basket-weave.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not excited about these items. I'm just happy to knit something that is extremely portable and also if I make an error on it, I really don't mind ripping it out or just chucking the project all together.

I also want to play with stitch patterns and techniques so the cloths are a nice option for me. I honestly never thought I would knit them. I reconsidered after another knitter gave me a couple of knit dishcloths to try. I did like them better than store-bought cloths but still couldn't get excited about knitting them. At least now I understand the motivation.

I plan to start my Flower Basket Shawl soon. I haven't decided whether it will be before or after I finish the Wonderful Wallaby. (I'm still debating about ripping the Wallaby and starting over.) Right now, I just need a stress reliever and something as simple as a cloth/coaster fits the bill right now.

There's still the matter of knitting the blanket for my husband. Statistically speaking, I need to get started on that by the endo of the month if I want to finish it before the year ends.

Hoping to coordinate things so life is more manageable and I have time to do more things I enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home