Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Who's Smiling Now?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Aaah, Socktoberfest!

This has been the most fun project I have ever knit.

As October comes to an end, so does my very first sock!

Too bad it could be a pair of socks but I'm as happy as if were!

Since I was a little nervous about the heel and gusset, I took pictures of the finished cuff. I knew there was a possibility I'd flub up, so I wanted proof of a finished cuff in case I had a mad ripping seesion.


No one could have told me reaching this point would bring me such happiness, however fleeting.



After finishing the sock, I wanted to dance! Since I've never finished a sock, ever, I had no idea what a good angle would be for photographs. Therefore, posted here are four different shots of one humble little sock!




This baby needs a mate. Gotta get to work on that, and the blanket, of course.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Woot! Look at that, girl...a sock! I knew you would knit one sooner or later. It fits perfectly and looks wonderful. Start its mate quickly so second sock syndrome doesn't hit.

November 3, 2006 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Cool looking sock... I am a sock freak... especially during the winter... I wear vibrant colored socks with wacky designs with penny loafers, and love the reaction when people see them...hehe.. You are inspiring me to try and crochet a pair, maybe with some baby soft yarn or DMC Senso yarn.

November 3, 2006 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Wow You really did a great job on those socks! I am so happy for you! My first pair took forever! Well it seemed like forever. I was scared to to the heel, but it is wonderful how they turn out! Keep up the good work!!

November 3, 2006 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I can feel your feet doing the happy dance!
Li

November 3, 2006 at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home