Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Letter "H"

Today's Message is brought to you by the letter "H."

H is for Horrible.
H is for Horrendous.
H is for Heartbroken.
H is for Hurt.

H is for Hodgkin's Disease.

My friend who was doing so well has had relapse. He's now undergoing intense chemotherapy. He sounds very discouraged this time. I'm feeling quite helpless.

I need to remember that H is also for Hope.

I working on being positive for him so that I can be encouraging. I've asked what he needed and he just said he wanted prayers and for people to be positive and upbeeat so he could be positive as well.

I want to try to give him something tangible, a visible sign that people care. I'm considering asking a few people I know if they'd be willing to knit and crochet squares for a Healthful Throw. I'm just at a loss for what to do now except pray and keep contact with him.

I HATE CANCER.

I need to remember that H is also for HOPE.

3 Comments:

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Oh heck, another H word. A hug (another H) is sent your way,
Li

November 24, 2006 at 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I would be happy to knit a square or two if you choose to make a throw.

November 25, 2006 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. My husband is a non-hodgkins lymphoma cancer survivor. It's a long road, but it can be done. Just being there for him will help alot...and humour. My prayers are with him.

November 30, 2006 at 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home