Sunday, November 05, 2006

No Second Sock Syndrome Here

After finishing the first sock, I couldn't wait to cast-on for the second. If only I had more time to knit I might actually finish the current sock so I could actually wear the pair.

I've finished the cuff and knit several rows of the heel before it hit me that I had forgotten something. I took a peek at the pattern and found that I was supposed to slip the first stitch in each row. I debated about leaving it but decided that it would probably help to have the slipped stitches for when I have to pick up stitches later.

Sooooo....

I've ripped out those stitches and I'm now back to knitting the heel. It won't be long now before I'm wearing my first pair of hand-knit socks.

I'm already trying to decide on the next sock pattern to try. I don't think I'm quite ready to try to make up my own just yet but I'm feeling more confident about the idea. After a little more reading in Maggie Righetti's Knitting in Plain English I just might be ready.

I need to ge back to knitting the blanket for my husband. I'm sorry that I have left it with very little attention for so long. Much to my chagrin, that last time I did knit any stitches on the blanket, I messed up something so there's correcting to do...again.

At least I'm knitting. Through struggles, through crisis, through pain, I'm knitting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting really does wonders for the soul. The sock looks great!

November 8, 2006 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Lovely sock! Can't wait to see both on your feet! You should be very proud of yourself. The first pair always seemed so daunting! You won't want to stop making socks now!

November 10, 2006 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

The second sock is like the second sleeve syndrome... hehe... Stepping away from a project for day or so helps... can't wait to see the pair.

November 11, 2006 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home