Saturday, November 11, 2006

Two for Tea



















That's right, I finished the second sock.

There are now two and I'm planning to have tea, probably Tazo tea or Harney and Sons.

The second sock would have been finished long ago. Much to my dismay, however, as I was about to start knitting the toe portion, I noticed a glaring error in the beginning portion of the foot. Of course I had to pull out all of those stitches but as I did I kept dropping stitches. The task kept growing and growing.

These socks are definitely fraternal twins. Although I measured as I went along, somehow one is a wee bit longer than the other. Also, one has a little heel/gusset hole that is more visible than the other. I'll probably go back in and try to close it up with some creative stitching.

It was still worth it. Now I'm just wrestling with which sock pattern to try next. Until I decide, it's time to work on the blanket.

















...unless I decide to just put on my socks and dance!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Woot! A completed pair of beautiful socks. They look so good, I never would have been able to tell they were your first pair.

Have you cast on for another pair yet? [grin]

November 13, 2006 at 12:53 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Yeahhhh... you completed the second sock... they look great.

November 14, 2006 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Laura.Y said...

The little quirks are what make handknitted items so special all the time. :) It's a great pair of socks! Have you found your next socks pattern yet? :D

November 15, 2006 at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home