Friday, December 08, 2006

17 Days 'til Christmas

Is there Progress?
I have ridden around everywhere with my cabled blanket and sock yarn. So far, this past week, I don't think I've knit an entire row of any project. Basically, there's no real knitting progress to report.


Sharing
When I went to my eye appointment last week, I took the blanket with me in hopes of finishing at least two rows while waiting. One of the nurses/assistants commented on my blanket. She said she had never knit cables before and thought they might be too complicated for her. While I sat in the holding area waiting for my eyes to dilate, I demonstrated how she had nothing to fear. She was visibly pleased and said she felt like she would now consider cables for an upcoming project.

At the office where I work, a woman who knits quite a bit visited and we discussed a few different techniques to try. She said she was doing some modular knitting and loved to watch the project take shape as she knit. Since she's planning to bring the project with her on her next visit I think I'll be able tell whether or not modular knitting is something I want to try. It never really appealed to me in the past but neither did sock knitting. Keeping an open mind can be very rewarding.


Things that won't make you smile...unless you are sadistic
My friend was supposed to be released from the hospital last Friday. I've been trying to call him but have been unable to reach him.

Life has been hectic. I'm having unexplained nausea daily. My son's allergies are in high gear.

On a positive note, the Honey of a Hurricane Socks will definitely be cast-on tomorrow. I don't know how, I don't know when, but I made a promise to myself.

I'm still on a quest for the yarn for my friend's blanket. I'm starting to think I may have to venture into unknown waters because the yarns I really which are machine washable and dryable don't really come in many shades of brown. I march onward in my quest.

For at least the third year in a row, I'm behind in my Christmas shopping and decorating. My goal now is to have the tree up by the 15th, to have the majority of my cards mailed by the 18th, and to have my shopping done before the 22nd. The shopping goal doesn't sound very ambitious but with all I have going, it's probably about the best I can manage.


Yes, there is a little sunshine in the rain
My mom bought me a "knitting bag." She called it a knitting bag but it's more of a case. I'll be giving it a good inspection soon so I can decide just how much yarn will fit in it. Once I recharge the camera I'll post a photo.


A question
Has ANYONE tried the yarn Filatura Di Crosa Adhoc Maxi? I'd really love to hear about it if you have.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

SOunds like you've been busy... knitting or not. This time of year is so crazy. Thankfully my shopping is done, but not much else... no decorations, tree, wrapping or baking... knitting doesn't seem to be an issue except to get everything I want done completed before it needs to be wrapped and under the tree! Let's bnoth take a deep breath!

December 12, 2006 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Nik said...

I wish my mom would send me some knitting stuff.

December 15, 2006 at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home